This is a nice winter soup and a good idea to use leeks’ green…You can add spinach or any vegetable you like!
To make it you will need:
- 120 g split green peas
- 350 g leeks
- 750 ml broth ( vegetable or chicken)
- A few fresh sage leaves ( or mint or any herb you like…)
- 100ml cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil or butter
- Soak the peas for 2 hours in fresh water bowl.(It will reduce the cooking time)
- Wash and cut leeks.
- In a pan, cook leeks with a tablespoon of olive oil or butter for 10 minutes.
- Add split peas , drained,and fresh sage leaves.
- Add broth ,cover and simmer until split peas are softened, 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and blend .(or not…!)
- Enjoy with bacon if you want.