This is a basic recipe : Serve as you like with Salmon, bacon, toasts topped with melted cheese or simply crème fraîche… don’t forget a glass of crisp white wine!
Ingredients for 4:
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 spoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 bunches of watercress, washed & chopped (including tender stems)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- Crème fraîche
- In a saucepan, melt the butter , add the shallots, the potatoes and cook until soft . Add the hot stock, bring to a boil then add watercress. Season with salt & pepper. Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- In a blender, purée the soup until ” velouté”. Pour into bowls and add a spoon of crème fraîche. Serve immediately.