I feel like doing a pesto, home made as usual.
This is a basic one, I never add Parmesan if I want to keep it for a while in the fridge.
But you can change the taste using different fresh herbs or nuts. Don’t be shy with cooking, you can be very creative and inspired: use coriander, parsley, arugula, or skip the pine cones and use pistachios, or walnuts or other nuts…You can even add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest for a tangy taste!
There is NO END…
Let see the recipe for ” le pesto de Genes” from Italy:
You will need:
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 tablespoons of pine cones
- 1/2 cup of grounded Parmesan ( the original recipe)
- 5 tables spoon of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Place the nuts and the garlic into a food processor and pulse 30 seconds.
- Then add the fresh basil leaves, pulse and add slowly the olive oil. Salt & pepper.. .and it is done.
- Delicious with pasta (of course… ), tomato and mozzarella salad, paninis , quiche, omelets, chicken …
Next time : pesto rosso…