Today, I see the life in green! I should see it ‘en rose’, as Edith Piaf sang … It will come later with a great recipe with my favorite fruit, Raspberries… But for the moment, and for the first recipe I’d like to share with you, I will cook a “Pork roast, stuffed with basil & pistachios”. The freshness of green basil leaves, the crunchiness of pistachios and a creamy touch of Parmesan give an explosion of sensations in mouth…Hmm! I hope you will love it…
We start with:
- A boneless pork loin roast
- 3 garlic gloves (optional)
- 70 gr (1/2 cup) raw pistachios
- 100 gr (1 cup) grated Parmesan
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- In a blender , mix pistachios, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, basil leaves, Parmesan, salt (not too much because of the cheese) and pepper until obtaining a green paste, thick and homogeneous.
- Butterfly the pork loin to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Spread with pistachios paste. Roll tightly and tie with twine at 1-inch intervals. Season exterior liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on a parchment paper, on an oven plate. Add the last spoon of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Let it cook in the oven for 1 hour, until it looks golden.
The smell must exhale around the kitchen…This roast is as good as hot or cold. Serve with roast finger potatoes in olive oil and a Zucchini ” tian“. Delicious…